The Syndicate is a slavish imitation of The Hardy Boys, with the following exceptions:
- Frank is a brain in a vat. His only means of physical agency is via a colony of robotic bats.
- Joe is dead. He (or some entity pretending to be him) speaks via voices in Frank’s head and (occasionally) via Skype.
- Aunt Gertrude is an amoral mercenary.
Image via Wikipedia.
Exquisite Corpse is a method by which a dream is collectively assembled. Each collaborator sleeps with the dream bundle in sequence. The game ends when a player opens the bundle or refuses to give it up.
AndrÃ© Breton writes that the game developed at the residence of friends in an old house at 54 rue du Chateau.
Image CC-BY-NC-ND by paperbackwriter
Jon Johannsen, author of Audible Landscaping, has a backyard greenhouse full of audible plants, including:
- Slow-Horn, Darlingtonia Pneumonica, with lung-like structures that inhale at night and exhale during the day.
- Northern Guan, Pinguicula Calama, whose noxious squeal drove it close to extinction before it caught on with hobbyists.
- Kjamantchi, Genlisea Cithara, whose long strands sing in the wind.
Image CC-BY-NC by Michael White